Here are just some of the reasons why people want to join people like us: we’re nimble, we’re a tight group, we share our wins and we share our expertise with each other. We’re there for our clients and each other. We develop and we grow together!
Does this sound like something you’re interested in? Read on! It gets even better!
Some facts about us:
We are a public practice accounting firm providing Assurance, Advisory, Tax, Human Resources and Wealth Management services. We are known for our commitment to excellence and the professional skills and knowledge of our team members. The firm includes 9 Partners and over 40 professional and administrative staff dedicated to serving our clients. Located in London, Ford Keast LLP has been part of the business community in southern Ontario for over 90 years.
We take pride in our long-term relationships with our clients. We have demonstrated strength in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, retail, construction and development, professional services, automotive, nursing/retirement home and not-for-profit organizations.
We are dedicated to our team. We provide regular coaching and support to team members’ learning and development. We have an active social committee providing regular opportunities to get together. Even during COVID, we socially distance, but we stay connected. We promote giving back to our community and helping staff to have a life beyond Ford Keast. We know the importance of work/life balance.
Reporting to a Ford Keast LLP Manager/Partner, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation of audit, review and notice to reader working paper files. The Senior Accountant works with their Manager and engagement Partners to ensure completion of engagements in an efficient and profitable basis in compliance with Firm and professional standards.
- Accountability and dependability
- Decision making and judgement
- Development and continual learning
- Enforcing laws, rules, and regulations
- Ethics and integrity
- Mathematical reasoning
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving
- Professional judgement
- Quality orientation
- Research and analysis
- Strategic thinking
- Superior communications skills
- Time management
- Prepares audit, review, and notice to reader working paper files
- Prepares financial statements
- Prepares complex income tax returns including trust, personal and corporate
- Submits information filings
- Completes analysis such as forecasts and projections
- Participates in coaching sessions with Manager and Partners
- Reports regularly to Manager about engagement progress
- Participates in planning time and workload
- Demonstrates and develops a strong knowledge of professional standards and general tax matters
- Creates and maintains good client relationships responding promptly to client requests.
- Contributes to business development goals
- Contributes to the Firm’s positive reputation in the community
- CPA, CA/CGA/CMA designation
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience at a Staff Accountant level within public accounting
- Experience in auditing, financial reporting, and general accounting
- Tight deadlines
- Office setting
- Travel within Ontario required
- Longer workdays, occasional weekends during tax season
- Collegial/Team environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Ford Keast LLP offers competitive compensation based on experience and benefits including an RRSP. *salary is based on years of experience in public accounting
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Ford Keast LLP retains candidate submissions for six months.
We encourage submissions from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process including accommodation that takes into account a candidate’s accessibility needs. Please notify Ford Keast LLP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during the recruitment process.
All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ford Keast has taken extensive measures to keep our team safe including the formation of a pandemic committee. We continue to follow Ontario guidelines to ensure all appropriate measures and actions are taken.