Here are just some of the reasons why you will want to join our team: We’re nimble, we’re a tight group, we share our wins, and we share our expertise with each other. We’re there for our clients and each other. We develop and grow together! We are the Ford Keast team.
Does this sound like something you’re interested in? Read on!
Here are some facts about us:
We are a public practice accounting firm providing Assurance, Advisory, Tax, Human Resources and Wealth Management services. We are known for our commitment to excellence and the professional skills and knowledge of our team members. The firm includes ten Partners and over 40 professional and administrative staff dedicated to serving our clients. Located in London, Ford Keast LLP has been part of the business community in southern Ontario for over 90 years.
We take pride in our long-term relationships with our clients, and we have demonstrated strength in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, retail, construction and development, professional services, automotive, nursing/retirement home and not-for-profit organizations.
We are dedicated to our team. We provide regular coaching and support to team members’ learning and development. We have an active social committee that provides regular opportunities to get together. Even during COVID, we socially distance, but we stay connected. We promote giving back to our community and helping staff to have a life beyond Ford Keast. We know the importance of work/life balance.
Our Tax team is expanding and we’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and adaptable Tax Accountant to join our team and to grow with us.
- Support a team of four CPAs in the tax area of our Firm
- Prepares tax elections, performs research and collaborates on special tax assignments under supervision of the Manager and Partners of Tax Services
- Assists staff with research and issue resolution in connection with personal, corporate, trust and HST filings
- Communicates with clients and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) on filing inquiries, reviews, audits, and appeals.
- Participates in firm-led professional development sessions
- Creates and maintains positive and professional relationships responding promptly to client requests
- Looks for planning opportunities and value-added services to benefit clients
- Shares responsibility for deadlines and project tracking
- Assists with preparation of personal, corporate and Trust income tax returns
Key technical and technology skills:
- Attention to detail on highly sensitive tax forms and elections
- Ability to conduct initial tax research in support of assignments using various platforms
- Apply technology to streamline processes to work effectively in person and remotely
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Key soft skills:
- Ability to work comfortably in virtual teams, staying connected and collaborative
- Strong customer service skills; and ability to interact professionally with clients
- Comfortable asking questions and building a personal knowledge portfolio
- Strong communication skills and effective time management
- Critical thinking related to decision making and strategic items
- Positive outlook on the work environment and emphasis on a strong team dynamic
- A good sense of humour is appreciated!
Education and experience:
- CPA designation or nearing completion of CPA practical experience requirement
- Minimum two years of public accounting experience, including preparation of personal, corporate and trust tax returns
- Experience with tax preparation software required (Taxprep preferable), experience with accounting software (CaseWare, Sage, QuickBooks) an asset
- Willingness to work additional hours when needed
- Experience with HST and payroll an asset
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a friendly, innovative, and high energy tax team
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Benefits including employer contributions to an RRSP, medical and dental coverage, off-busy-season flexible work hours and paid parking
- Ongoing training and mentorship
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Ford Keast LLP retains candidate submissions for six months.
We encourage submissions from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process including accommodation that takes into account a candidate’s accessibility needs. Please notify Ford Keast LLP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during the recruitment process.
All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
Expected start date: October 12, 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ford Keast has taken extensive measures to keep our team safe including the formation of a pandemic committee. We continue to follow Ontario guidelines to ensure all appropriate measures and actions are taken.