Here are just some of the reasons why you will want to join our team: We’re nimble, we’re a tight group, we share our wins, and we share our expertise with each other. We’re there for our clients and each other. We develop and grow together! We are the Ford Keast team.
Does this sound like something you’re interested in? Read on!
Here are some facts about us:
We are a public practice accounting firm providing Assurance, Advisory, Tax, Human Resources and Wealth Management services. We are known for our commitment to excellence and the professional skills and knowledge of our team members. The firm includes ten Partners and over 40 professional and administrative staff dedicated to serving our clients. Located in London, Ford Keast LLP has been part of the business community in southern Ontario for over 90 years.
We take pride in our long-term relationships with our clients, and we have demonstrated strength in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, retail, construction and development, professional services, automotive, nursing/retirement home and not-for-profit organizations.
We are dedicated to our team. We provide regular coaching and support to team members’ learning and development. We have an active social committee that provides regular opportunities to get together. Even during COVID, we socially distance, but we stay connected. We promote giving back to our community and helping staff to have a life beyond Ford Keast. We know the importance of work/life balance.
The QBO Technician is responsible for the maintenance of the Ford Keast Connect clients’ financial records and configuration / setup of QBO.
- Mathematical reasoning
- Research and analysis
- Accountability and dependability
- Detail oriented
- Decision making and judgment
- Development and continual learning
- Ethics and integrity
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving
- Professional judgment
- Quality orientation
- Superior communications skills
- Time management
- Expert knowledge of QBO, including QBO Payroll, and the desire to become an expert in the program and its related applications
- Setting up clients on the QBO platform and providing basic user training and ongoing support
- Accurate full-cycle bookkeeping, general ledger maintenance, monthly postings with integration to sub-ledgers and account reconciliations
- Filing of government remittances and identification of required filings (HST, WSIB, EHT, payroll source deductions)
- Payroll assistance including maintenance of staff roster and calculation of wages or deductions
- QBO Report generation and the ability to identify planning opportunities and implications
- Ability to liaise with client stakeholders and provide timely and exceptional client service
- Work closely with the Manager / Partner responsible for FK Connect
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory changes and the impact on clients
- Contribute to the Firm’s positive reputation in the community
- Expertise in Quick Books Online and related apps
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Recognition of significant deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and respond to a variety of questions
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop and Sage 50
- Tight deadlines
- Variety of clients
- Office setting in a collegial / team environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Ford Keast LLP offers competitive compensation based on experience and benefits including an RRSP. *salary is based on years of experience in QBO.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Ford Keast LLP retains candidate submissions for six months.
We encourage submissions from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process including accommodation that takes into account a candidate’s accessibility needs. Please notify Ford Keast LLP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during the recruitment process.
All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Ford Keast has taken extensive measures to keep our team safe including the formation of a pandemic committee. We continue to follow Ontario guidelines to ensure all appropriate measures and actions are taken.