Here are just some of the reasons why people want to join people like us: we’re nimble, we’re a tight group, we share our wins, and we share our expertise. We’re there for our clients and each other. We develop and we grow together!
Does this sound like something you’re interested in? Read on. It gets even better!
Some facts about us:
We are a public practice accounting firm providing Assurance, Advisory, Tax, Human Resources and Wealth Management services. We are known for our commitment to excellence and the professional skills and knowledge of our team members. The firm includes 9 Partners and over 40 professional and administrative staff dedicated to serving our clients. Located in London, Ford Keast LLP has been part of the business community in southern Ontario for over 90 years.
We take pride in our long-term relationships with our clients. We have demonstrated strength in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, retail, construction and development, professional services, automotive, nursing/retirement home and not-for-profit organizations.
We are dedicated to our team. We provide regular coaching and support to team members’ learning and development. We have an active social committee providing regular opportunities to get together. Even during COVID, we socially distance, but we stay connected. We promote giving back to our community and helping staff to have a life beyond Ford Keast. We know the importance of work/life balance.
Firm Bookkeeper/Payroll Administrator
We are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable Bookkeeper/Payroll Administrator to join us and be part of our Office Services team.
- Maintain firm books including preparing cheques, posting invoices, preparing deposits, automatic payments, journal entries, reconciliations.
- Maintain accounts receivables including all required daily activities and monthly reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting for Partners.
- Manage team members’ expense reimbursements.
- Reconcile all general ledger accounts on a regular basis.
- Complete an annual review of all accounts to ensure optimal account management.
- Maintain accounts and professional relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Work closely with the partner responsible for the firm’s year-end to manage year-end processes and approvals.
- Support to Professional Staff in preparation of Compilation Engagements, T4/5’s, T1’s and other corporate filing matters.
- Complete all payroll and benefits administration including new staff setups and on-going required processing of changes/updates.
- Maintain a thorough and detailed understanding of legislation as it relates to Payroll.
- Administer benefits plan with regular liaison with provider.
- Share benefits updates and helpful information with Partners and Team Members.
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory changes that impact firm protocols.
- Administer all aspects of building access.
- Provide back up support to a variety of functions within the Office Services team.
- Support Firm Partners through provision of reports, summary information.
- Seek efficiencies in all aspects of the Bookkeeping and Payroll functional areas.
- Contribute to the firm’s good reputation in the community.
- Superior organizational skills to track projects and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable in QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks On-Line
- Understand and maintain confidentiality
Education and experience:
- Payroll Program certification
- QBO and QB Desktop experience is required
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience providing bookkeeping and payroll services internally
- Accounting Firm experience and time management systems knowledge a definite asset in this role
- MS Office with above average skills in Excel
What we offer:
- The opportunity to join a friendly, innovative and high energy team
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits including employer contributions to an RRSP, medical and dental coverage, off-busy-season flexible work hours and paid parking
- Ongoing training and mentorship
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Ford Keast LLP retains candidate submissions for six months.
We encourage submissions from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process including accommodation that takes into account a candidate’s accessibility needs. Please notify Ford Keast LLP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during the recruitment process.
All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
Expected start date: flexible
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: competitive compensation
Ford Keast has taken extensive measures to keep our team safe including the formation of a pandemic committee. We continue to follow Ontario guidelines to ensure all appropriate measures and actions are taken. Ford Keast has a mandatory vaccination policy.