Here are just some of the reasons why people want to join people like us: we’re nimble, we’re a tight group, we share our wins and we share our expertise with each other. We’re there for our clients and each other. We develop and we grow together!
Does this sound like something you’re interested in? Read on! It gets even better!
Some facts about us:
We are a public practice accounting firm providing Assurance, Advisory, Tax, Human Resources and Wealth Management services. We are known for our commitment to excellence and the professional skills and knowledge of our team members. The firm includes 9 Partners and over 40 professional and administrative staff dedicated to serving our clients. Located in London, Ford Keast LLP has been part of the business community in southern Ontario for over 90 years.
We take pride in our long-term relationships with our clients. We have demonstrated strength in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, retail, construction and development, professional services, automotive, nursing/retirement home and not-for-profit organizations.
We are dedicated to our team. We provide regular coaching and support to team members’ learning and development. We have an active social committee providing regular opportunities to get together. Even during COVID, we socially distance, but we stay connected. We promote giving back to our community and helping staff to have a life beyond Ford Keast. We know the importance of work/life balance.
Reports to: Manager Client & Office Services & Designated Partners
The A&A Administrative Assistant supports the Designated Partner(s) and Manager of Client & Office Services dependent upon demand. The position manages day to day business tasks for the designated Partners such as client and advisor correspondence, managing scheduling and meetings, preparation of reports and other tasks critical to the daily operation of the business as assigned. This role will provide administrative assistance to three assurance Partners. This role may be required to assist any of the other A&A Partners on an as-needed basis.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to maintain excellent client relationships
- Professional approach and judgement
- Commitment to teamwork and high-energy environment
- Mathematical reasoning and research and analysis
- Proactive approach to work and detail oriented
- Ethics and integrity
- Superior organizational skills and
- Superior communications skills
Schedule and plan a variety of meetings with Clients, Partners, and team members including preparation of agenda items, meeting requests and venue set-up.
- Prepares documents for meetings and manages follow up items as a result of meeting decisions.
- Available to take client meeting minutes and manage follow up dates, and persons responsible.
- Manages a variety of projects on behalf of the Designated Partner.
- Provides communication and problem-solving for business day-to-day operations.
- Prepares reports and filing as necessary
- Prepares new client forms for submission to Office Services
- Sends information to clients and advisors as requested
- Prepares and transmits CRA authorizations
- Handles all aspects of communication with client and office services to return documents to clients.
- Scanning of Designated Partner documents as required
- Handles, at the request of the Designated Partner, telephone and email correspondence with clients and advisors.
- Assist with Office Services as required.
Education & Experience:
- Microsoft Office
- 2 – 3 years in an Administrative Position
- Accounting Firm knowledge an asset in this role
- Tight deadlines
- Office setting
- During tax season, longer workdays, occasional weekends
- Collegial/Team environment
- We offer a competitive salary based on direct experience for the role
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Ford Keast LLP retains candidate submissions for six months.
We encourage submissions from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process including accommodation that takes into account a candidate’s accessibility needs. Please notify Ford Keast LLP if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during the recruitment process.
All submissions are held in the strictest confidence.
Ford Keast has taken extensive measures to keep our team safe including the formation of a pandemic committee. We continue to follow Ontario guidelines to ensure all appropriate measures and actions are taken.